May 14, 2021
May 16-22 is the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition’s 25th annual Home Fire Sprinkler Week, a week dedicated to advocating and promoting for the installation of home sprinkler systems.
Fires are fast and can become deadly in less than 2 minutes. Old and new homes burn the same, but new homes are more deadly because of modern materials and open floor plans.
Have you thought about how to protect your family, pets, and home in case of a fire emergency?
Home sprinklers are designed to do just that – protect you by containing and even extinguishing fires in less time than it would take the fire department to arrive.
According to the National Fire Sprinkler Association,
• Sprinklers are designed to give occupants time to escape a deadly fire
• Over 95% of all fires in residential occupancies are suppressed by one sprinkler head
• Sprinklers are the most effective life safety device available
• Combining smoke alarms with a sprinkler system and increases chances of survival by over 85%
The cost is reasonable; on average, installation costs $1.35 per square foot in a new construction. And your home won’t face enormous water damage – only the sprinkler closest to the fire will activate to spray water directly on the fire. In fact, 90% of fires are contained by one sprinkler. Home sprinklers are inconspicuous, hidden in the flush of the wall or ceiling, and are even good for the environment by reducing water usage and toxic fumes.
Contact your local home sprinkler installation company to take the next steps on protecting your loved ones:
• VSC Fire and Security, Myrtle Beach; 843.443.3627
Charlotte, NC; 704.805.9700
• Excel Fire Sprinklers Company, Inc., Roebuck; 864.576.9898
• Castle Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., Blythewood; 803.419.2121
• A&A Fire Protection, Mauldin; 864.859.9700