The South Carolina State Firefighters Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to individuals who demonstrate extraordinary accomplishments. The nominees will have stood as exemplary role models to organizations in and beyond their community and are recognized for their contributions to Public Safety statewide.
The Lifetime Achievement Award was established by the South Carolina State Firefighter’s Association to recognize members of the Fire Service who have demonstrated and exhibited a true commitment by contributing to the advancement and leadership of the Fire Service in South Carolina.
The recipients of this most prestigious award have demonstrated, through their actions, the qualities and characteristics as Advocate, Leader, Visionary, Mentor, and Teacher. They must have been leaders in local, county, state and national organizations; developed and facilitated changes in policy, standards, guidelines and curriculum; and promoted Public Safety through persistence and innovation for the betterment of all.
These individuals have represented the highest qualities to serve as a responder and leader and will be bestowed this honor and recognition as recipients of the South Carolina State Firefighters Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Nominee has made a major contribution or has achieved significant accomplishments in the Fire Service on a local, state, and/or national level.
- Nominee has demonstrated superior dedication to the Fire Service and has served as a firefighter for at least twenty-five (25) years.
- Nominee has been active in the South Carolina State Firefighter’s Association.
- Nominee has been inducted into the South Carolina State Firefighter’s Association’s Hall of Fame
- Nominee has demonstrated community impact through the fire service or other volunteer activities.
- 500-word minimum, 5 page maximum essay describing the nominee’s accomplishments in and dedication to the Fire Service.
- Detailed resume or background sheet of no more than two (2) pages containing an overview of the individual's experience, education, or other pertinent information.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation supporting the nominee, from within the Fire Service.
- No more than three (3) additional supporting documents, such as articles or additional recommendation letters. Letters should be from outside the Fire Service.
The information requested above about the nominee must be completed and mailed to the SC Firefighters' Association, PO Box 211725, Columbia SC 29221. All nominations will be evaluated by the Advisory Committee and submitted to the Executive Committee for approval.