Society of the Maltese Cross
The Maltese cross has represented the fire service for over 500 years and brings to mind in every firefighter the traditions and values sacred and true to service to our fellow man. Firefighters across South Carolina and the world proudly display the Maltese cross on their uniforms to remember and to signify servants of similar purpose. The establishment of the Society of the Maltese cross by the South Carolina State Firefighters’ Association in 2010 seeks to recognize those individuals of the SC General Assembly that share in those values and have supported South Carolina Firefighters in meeting those goals.
Legislators Inducted by Year
- Representative Murrell Smith, Jr.
- Senator Harvey Peeler
- Representative William E "Bill" Sandifer, III
- Representative Dennis C. Moss
- Senator Wes Climer
- Representative Shannon S. Erickson
- Representative J. Gary Simrill
- G. Murrell Smith, Jr.
- Attorney General Alan Wilson
- Representative V. Stephen "Steve" Moss
- Senator Shane Massey
- Representative Brain White
- Senator Gerald Malloy
- Representative Robert Ridgeway
- Senator Paul Thurmond
- Representative Tommy Pope
- Representative David Weeks
- Senator Yancey McGill
- Representative Edward R. Talon, Sr.
- Senator John C. Land, III
- Representative J. Roland Smith
- Representative Kenneth A. Bingham
- Representative Daniel Cooper
- Representative Michael W. Gambrell
- Senator Thomas C. Alexander
- Senator Raymond E. Cleary, III
- Senator C. Bradley Hutto
- Senator John M. Knotts, Jr.
- Senator Phil P. Leventis